Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bittersweet Memories

Did anyone else just start singing that song? No? Oh, OK... moving on...
Bittersweet. The definition of "bittersweet": both pleasant and painful or regretful. Yep, that's what it is alright.


One day i hope to be open and honest and actually talk about things, but I'm a private person by nature so who knows when that day will come?! I will say that this week will be bittersweet for me. Yes, it's only Monday, but just knowing what this week holds I'm already looking forward to Friday. I plan on enjoying my weekend to.the.fullest. though. I have no definite plans yet, but that's normally when things turn out really well! Let's hope.

I guess I should back up and fill you (myself) in on the weekend! Friday was a long day at work and then 5 o'clock showed up! I ran a few errands around town then headed home. PJs, face washed and snuggled on the couch is a great way to spend a Friday! Saturday started out being a lazy day (even if I had to wake up early to have breakfast with mom, dad and Chloe (my 6 yr old niece). Then we had to play, and play, and play some more. Then I snuck out for more alone time!

Right after lunch we found out we were going to eat with my brother-in-law's family. So, my bro-in-law, Brian, his mom, his step dad, his sister and her boyfriend plus my mom, sister, niece and myself all load up in the mother-in-law's big van and we take off to a new restaurant in the edge of TN. It's called
Top O The River and it is YUMMY. We got our bellies full and headed out for a drive around Pickwick and Michie and pretty much everywhere in between before we took Brian's sister and boyfriend back to their camper at Goat Island. Yes, it was named after goats because they are everywhere. When we got home at 7:05 we rushed and cleaned up and out the door by 7:15 so we could make it to the theater by 7:30 to watch Madagascar 3. Well, on the way we found out it started at 7:15 and we left at 7:15 and it's 20 miles + away so you do the math... what did this Aunt do to keep the niece happy? Drove faster! We got there just in time! We missed all the previews though (darn! ha!).

Sunday was Father's Day. My mom cooked pancakes for us and then I was off to church. I sat by my 3rd set of grandparents, Mr. Taylor and his lovely wife Mrs. Violet. Oh how I wish I had a picture of these two! After service was Sunday School then I rushed down the road so I could make it to my mom's church on time. Yes, I had to be there and yes I remembered to wear red! (We'll come back to this). We got home and visited with dad for a while then I went back to my apartment and my couch and took a much needed nap. These are the days I live for! Now, the red thing... my grandfather was a wonderful, loving, huge hearted man that we all loved dearly. One night in January 2000 he had an accident and lost his life. His favorite color was red and therefore we show our support by wearing red on holidays such as that. I'll have to post a picture of him soon!

So that brings us to Monday when I started this blog post. This week the big guy in Operations is on vacation and this explains why it's Thursday and I'm still typing from Monday. This week has been bad for more than one reason and I'm ready to kiss it goodbye!!!!!

Tomorrow is a new day and Friday and that brings me back to the bittersweet part of this post. Yes, I'm happy that it's Friday and I'll have the weekend to do what I want when I want (and I'm 95% certain that involves lots of retail therapy!!!). This week marks the end of an era; the end of a decade. And that my friends is what is the bitter part of bittersweet. Something bad comes to an end but also something great. I wish I could put it all into words (either written or spoken) but for now those words will stay in my head and in my heart. That's the best place for them to be now anyway.

I have no idea what this weekend holds or what next week holds, but luckily I know WHO holds tomorrow and he's been super busy keeping up with me the past 6 months!




Enough for now! I'll try my darnedest to be back with something bright, cheery, and positive next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment