Friday, May 3, 2013

Twenty Nine Years

I thought I would give the hi-lights of my life thus far...

1984 {0} - I was born!
1985 {1} - I was getting chubby! My sister was diagnosed with ALL {Leukemia}
1986 {2} - Spent some time bouncing around from my aunt's house to my grandparent's to my great-grandmother's while my sister was at St Jude.
1987 {3} - My hair finally started growing! I had a mullet thing going for a long time!
1988 {4} - Make A Wish sent us to Walt Disney World in Orland, FL!
1989 {5} - Kindergarten! Right after school started we had a terrible car accident. Mom was hurt the most.
1990 {6} - 1st grade! Met my future BFF, Whitney, and I fell in love with timed tests in school
1991 {7} - Mrs. Null's 2nd grade class, loved that woman; started wearing glasses!
1992 {8} - Started enrichment classes & my great-grandmother passed away leaving me her Boston Terrier
1993 {9} - Became BFFs with Courtney Crum who had just transferred from Union Center
1994 {10} - Started 5th grade which meant changing class rooms and had Mrs. Grissom for homeroom
1995 {11} - Joined the 6th grade band (flute) even though I was NOT band material, begged mom for a starter jacket!!
1996 {12} - Became a Kossuth Jr High Cheerleader! Plus "crossed the road" to jr high...
1997 {13} - The year I became a teenager! I also got braces this year and was top of my class in our computer class. Traveled to NYC so my sister could be on a talk show!
1998 {14} - Became a Kossuth High School Cheerleader and met my next BFF, Chambers, and started high school as a nerdy, scrawny freshman
1999 {15} - Learner's Permit! Thought I was big stuff
2000 {16} - Legally a driver! My first official drive was from Walnut, MS to Tupelo, MS over to Memphis, TN and back to Walnut. My papaw had more faith in me than I had in myself. There were lots of prayers that day!
2001 {17} - Started my senior year, Class of 2002
2002 {18} - Graduated high school and went on our Senior Trip to Panama City Beach, FL; I also started NEMCC in the fall.
2003 {19} - Spent a lot of time with a new friend, Taylor and sort of distanced myself from my hometown friends; spent most of this year growing up!
2004 {20} - Bought my first car! Got accepted to the University of Mississippi and started in the fall; moved into an apt at Cambridge Station
2005 {21} - School, school, and more school. Finally started my 'senior' year at Ole Miss.
2006 {22} - Graduated from OLE MISS in December!
2007 {23} - Started my first full-time, real job back at SOUTHBank in Corinth, "Walked" in Dec. at the "Tad Pad" Coliseum!
2008 {24} - Got married, moved to Hinkle, got Amos Moses!
2009 {25} - Took a vacation to Maggie Valley, NC, had the best pancakes, and bought an airplane!
2010 {26} - Had a big snow, then a HUGE flood, watched Chloe become a dancing queen in her little dance class! I also bought a house full of new furniture! Spent a lot of time in Tupelo at the FBO (airport) and at air shows.
2011 {27} - Sold Hinkle house and moved back to Walnut
2012 {28} - Became single and my BFF Whitney had the cutest, dark-haired boy, Christoper Malaki
2013 {29} - My other BFF Jenessa had the cutest, skinny, red-headed boy, James Reid! Who knows what else this year holds?! I sure don't.

That about sums up my life at the moment...

1 comment: