Wednesday, August 29, 2012

What I Love Wednesday!

Today's WILW will be short and sweet!

First up is high school football! The season has already started here. There's just something about a high school game that brings back so many memories. I spent many Friday nights on our field cheering, yelling, stunting and sneezing. 

 
This is a very large version of our field. Our stands aren't nearly as large (or nice!)
 
 Second is the weather! I am SO glad that we aren't seeing temperatures like this. We're back in the lower 90s and I'm loving that much better than the triple digits!
 Luggage! I finally made up my mind and bought a set of luggage. I almost went with black, but I got a black set with a creamy white damask print. I thought I might get bored of the black after a while. I probably won't use it much, but I have always wanted a nice set. I do have at least one trip coming up this fall! :)

Whoever created this is a genius and I want to personally say "THANKS!" This is the handiest contraption in my house and I only wish I had gotten one sooner. Thanks, mom, for surprising me!
Anyone else excited about fall? I'm not one to like rushing things, but summer is just NOT my season. Neither is spring for that matter (hello allergies!). I LOVE fall., The colors, the smells, the decorations, the pumpkins and mums, love it all...
 
Last, but certainly not least... I got a promotion at work! {finally} :) Basically I have been doing most of the job anyway, but now I'm finally getting recognition for it (and a couple of other perks!)! I can't wait to get things together and everyone working cohesively.
 
Happy Hump Day! I'm working another long day today (see above) and then I'm meeting Jenessa at Mike's to celebrate her passing her NCLEX, getting her first paying nursing job, my promotion, and of course getting to see her tiny, tiny baby bump! I'm thinking another friend (Whitney) might join us and then hopefully Kel can make it after she gets back in from Oxford (goofy Master's accounting class...). Yay for Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. those temps make me sweat just looking at them!

    Have a great Wednesday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete