I feel like I'm stuck in the same routine over and over on the weekends. Sometimes I'm very thankful for that, but others? Other times I want to shake things up a bit and do something new! Here's my "schedule":
Friday- meet Kelly at Mike's and relax/catch-up
Saturday- stay in pjs ALL day unless mother decides to make a grocery store run
Saturday night- on the couch in new pjs watching whatever grabs my attention
Sunday- church then home
Sunday night- on the couch in pjs again
There was a time in my life where I would have been jealous of anyone that had this schedule and some days I cannot wait for a lazy day. I feel like that's all I do anymore. I'm at an odd stage in my life these days. Most of my friends are married (or in serious relationships) and then the majority of the married folks are having babies! I am in neither of those categories so I feel like an odd ball at times. In this small town, there are only a FEW singles in their mid to late 20s and if they are then it's probably because there is a reason!
UGH. I miss the "girls days" and shopping days and lunch dates. I miss the movies and the gossip (not really gossip- I don't like drama...). I had this group of friends (couples) that we used to all hang out with on a week night or on the weekend. We'd take turns cooking/grilling/going out. Those "friends" are no longer my friends though. Now I spend my weeknights with my niece, mom, dad and sister. I'm NOT complaining about that at all. I'm very thankful to be back close to my family again and ALL the support they've given me in the last year. I'm becoming a couch potato and rather boring if I do say so myself.
Now... I have had a little excitement in my life. I went to IL for Mathieu's wedding and it was the most expensive wedding I've ever been to-- expensive for me! On the way to IL I was pulled over by an old man cop that was mad at the world and he gave me a speeding ticket. It was 5:00 in the morning and dark outside and raining and he STILL pulled me over. So we get to IL, watch a lovely outdoor wedding and head back to MS. Let's fast forward close to four weeks later. Guess what was in the mail waiting for me? A speeding ticket from IL! UGH. I was photographed "speeding" 5 hours after I got the first ticket. I won't go into detail, but let's just say I won't be driving in IL probably ever again!! That lovely "souvenir" is going to cost an arm and a leg.
At least now when I'm sitting home bored wishing I was out and about I'll actually have a reason to stay at home--- TWO speeding tickets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you doll!!! I know the exact thing you mean about everyone being married or in relationships. I've done that awhile myself. So let's go do something!
ReplyDelete