Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Me, Myself & I


My Beautiful, Crazy Life
1.When you're feeling down, what do you do to pick yourself up?
It just depends on why I'm feeling down. I'll either watch a show/movie, text/call a friend, read some OLD emails (when life was carefree even though I thought different) or if I'm really down then I'll get in the floor with Amos and use him as a pillow while he puts his paws around me. Those are the best times!

2. If you had to live in a different time period which would you prefer?
This is a toughie! I love modern day things like plumbing and air conditioning so I'll go with the 70s and 80s. I can pull off bell bottoms MUCH better than I can pull of teased hair!

3. What is the most creative Halloween costume you've ever worn?I don't have an answer for this one :( We were never big on dressing up when I was younger and that sort of stayed with me as I grew older. I guess I'm boring!

4. Five weird things about you we wouldn't know without being told?
- I have a weird addiction to law enforcement type shows-- anything dealing with crime is right up my alley. Plus I'm all about the law aspect of it. I could watch those shows all day every day and never get tired of them
- I've had dreams since I was little that I would have twins (having dreams and dreaming about them are two different things! HA!)
- I don't eat ANY food on a bone. No ribs, no T-bones, no bone-in pork chops. EWWWW it's just disgusting and cannibalistic (I could easily become a vegetarian)
- I have no fear of being alone. I'm prefectly content being by myself. Sometimes I have to make myself get out and socialize. My family calls it the Miles Moments. My great-grandfather was a Miles and the family was that way. They liked their alone time!
- I think the ONLY way to eat PB&J sandwiches is to put one scoop of each into a bowl and stir until it's all mushed together and then spread it on the bread. YUM.

5. What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
Relax. Life is not fair, but keep your head up and always, always take the high road. It's easy to let people get you down and make you feel less than you are, but you are strong. Stay strong and keep smiling. Once you realize that it's ok to have more guy friends than girl friends you'll be much better off. You don't need people or things to make you happy. Life isn't about the "things". It's not about the groups and the cliques or the boys. It's about so much more. Study even when you don't think you need to and stay true to who you are.There will be a lot of changes between 16 and 18 and even more between 18-22. Think long and hard before making important decisions! What you want now might not be what you want down the road. The choices you make now will change the path you take. I know you think you're an adult, but please enjoy this time. Life it too short. You'll find that out sooner rather than later. Hold your friends close and stay away from the drama. Spend more time praying and sit up and listen in church. What you learn now will carry you on those tough days. Sometimes the trials in your life are His Blessings in disguise.(You'll hear this song on KLove. Listen to it more than you think you should). Your parents are always there for you and they love you no matter how hard they are on you. They do it out of love. Spend time with them and your sister and your family. Family is the best thing you'll ever have. Soak it up while you can. There is a whole new world out there that you don't know yet but you will soon enough. Stay strong and don't forget to take the high road. Also, obey the speed limit and stay away from the boys. Don't forget to love yourself!

1 comment: