Monday, December 10, 2012

Girls Night Out!

October 6th started out like any other Saturday, BUT I had plans lined up and that seems to be something new lately! That afternoon two friends came over and we headed west to Tunica! Our plan was to check in the casino hotel (Sam's Town) and then make our way to a bull riding event. Cowboys? Yes, please! These are pictures taken that night!
Whitney, Kelly and myself

It took several tries to get this picture!



Us with the clown. Dusty went to school with me and Whitney so it was fun to run into him!
All in all it was a great night. The bull riding was absolutely pitiful though; we felt bad for the guys! I guess it was just an off night for them?! After the cowboy looking, we made it back to Sam's. We ran into some people Whitney knew and ended up hanging out at the bar/band area. I'm too old to be staying up so late, but it was fun! We got up bright and early, met up with Dusty and found our way to a Huddle House! YUM. The three of us girls had a small lunch on Saturday and that was it other than a small snack. We put away all of our food- I think Dusty was stunned. He was like "no way y'all are going to eat that". Oh, but yes! Back to home we came. I think it's time for another trip!

I'm so thankful that in this season of life I have discovered my true friends. The ones willing to go out of their way to help, talk, listen, help you forget, get your mind off things, etc... These two will take time whenever I need them. Yes, they both have their own lives (Whitney is a single mom to a 5 yr old and Kelly is working full time plus is working on her Master's and driving to Oxford twice a week), but they still make time for me and I make time for them. That's how friendship is supposed to be, right?!

We're already working on our next trip!

1 comment: