Friday, December 7, 2012

My First Yard Sale Experience

No, this wasn't the first time I had ever been to a yard sale, but it was the first time I had ever been to a HUGE community yard sale! Kayla and her mom have gone the past few years and this year I got to tag along with them. We left out Friday morning and our first stop was at a donut shop. YUM. I may or may not have had two.

Then my eyes were opened to this whole new world. It was crazy to watch these people. Most were like us: nice, easy-going shopping people, but some were "professional". I am almost certain I didn't hear a "please" or "thank you" or "excuse me" while we were there. We shopped til we dropped Friday then ate at Chili's and did a little Target shopping. Oh, how I love Target. We rested up and began bright and early on day two. There were several more people in that neighborhood on Saturday. People were everywhere! Everywhere!

I think all three of us lucked up with our finds for the trip! I'll let the pictures do the talking...

Our make-up score! These were all new and around $1 each!

This was my half!

Ignore the messy background. I know it's hard to see, but it's purses, shoes, a wallet, several books, tops, etc...

 
The books I found for Jenessa and baby James!

A close-up of some...


Love these!

I miss Little Golden books...

And of course, he'll need to start learning early!


I was super excited about all of the deals I found and I'm pretty certain I'll go back next year. It's heaven for people-watchers like myself!!

1 comment: